We also recruit volunteers and interns that help keep our organization running smoothly. They have experience in a wise range of activities, from volunteer coordination to communications and/or office administration.
Please read the information below before applying to be a volunteer or
intern. The link to the application form is at the bottom of this page.Job description
Each volunteer/internship placement is designed to respond to specific and timely needs within our organization, while making the most of each volunteers' unique skills and experience. These are examples of the work you could be doing.
- Develop fundraising campaigns
- Recruite and coordinate internships and volunteer placements
- Coordinating communications and outreach activities
- Office administration and book-keeping
We're looking for someone who:
- has experience in project management, preferably in a related field (business administration, accounting, communications, etc.).
- is able to work with limited resources.
- enjoys new experiences and is inspired by the challenges of working in a rural environment.
- is eager to meet new people and be a vocal advocate for Misión Gaïa's work, both while volunteering and at home.
- has a basic knowledge of Spanish. Improve your Spanish before you arrive by taking one of our Spanish classes.
Period and hours of participation
- Minimum of 6 weeks. 6 months is recommended
- 5 to 7 hours per day, 5 days per week
non refundable $US 70 contribution from all volunteers. This fee goes
directly to support organizational costs associated with recruiting
volunteers, paying rent and utilities, staff and other administrative
other costs may vary depending on the work you will be doing, how long
you are staying, how many volunteers we are hosting, your work location,
accomodation and other needs.
What is included (besides a once-in-a-lifetime experience)
- Certificate of participation.
- Food is not included
- Read the participation requirements below.
- Complete and submit the volunteer application form.
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set-up a virtual or personal interview, depending on your location.
- Choose location and participation dates.
- Sign the volunteer/intern agreement.
- Apply for and receive a valid Visa for volunteer work in Colombia (we can help you with this process).
- Pay program fees 45 days prior to participation.
- Complete a pre-departure information session.
of legal age (over 18 years old for Colombia). Participants under the
age of 18 must travel with their parents or a responsible adult (with
approval from their legal guardian).
- Accessing some work sites requires being in a good physical condition.
- Do not abuse of any illegal substances or drugs.
- Be in possesion of valid travel and medical insurance during program participation.
- Be in possesion of a valid volunteer Visa and have a clean legal record in Colombia and any other country.
- Commit to starting and participating during the agreed dates.
- Present all other required documents.
- Receive all required vaccinations.
- Confirm participation at least 6 weeks prior to start date.
Contact us if you have questions about our programs or the application process.