Learning a language is not just about grammar and vocabulary, but also about stretching your mind throughout authentic experiences. Misión Gaia offers a variety of linguistic immersion classes with a dynamic methodology. We are currently looking for a Spanish and English teacher to help us involve tourists (and anyone who is interested in joining us) with the local community.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Language Instructor will be in charge of creating a lesson plan in Spanish and/or English and teaching in a close, professional and fun way, showing tourists the real lifestyle of Minca and promoting local culture.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program a lesson plan depending on the type of class (i.e. getting around, part-time intensive, intensive) and the level
- Adjust the class to the student (i.e. interests, expectations, level, educational disorder, etc.)
- Procurement and creation of material, activities, lesson plans and organization of the classroom space
- Innovative lessons: based on experiences around nature and daily life
- Make sure students are having a great time while learning
- Advanced in Spanish and English
- Experience in teaching languages
- Experience in experience teaching
- Cultural knowledge of Colombia, its population & traditions
- Advanced social, creative and innovative skills
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working with few resources, assertive
- Interest in working for a socio-environmental organization in a rural area