Communications & Digital Media
We are currently very much in need of someone to participate in enhancing and executing our communications strategy. Our projects have been expanding rapidly, and with only two permanent staff members, we currently do not have the capacity to effectively manage communications to really allow our work and presence to grow.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Communications and Digital Media Intern is in charge of brainstorming, developing and executing external and internal communication strategies. They will work with the aim to clarify and promote our work, expand our presence on social media and enhance our marketing materials.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Generate strategies to communicate the organization’s mission within and outside of the community
- Manage our social media platforms and website
- Explore areas in which we can expand our organization’s presence and recruit volunteers
- Manage the newsletter, photo database and websites in which we recruit volunteers/interns
- Create digital media to aid in the communication of our work and mission
- Helping in our daily office responsibilities
- Experience/strong motivation in marketing and communications and familiarity with relevant websites (i.e. social media, google websites, MailChimp, etc.)
- Self driven and ability to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
- Mediation and social skills
- Enthusiasm for Mision Gaia’s work