Education - crea
With our education program we educate to reduce environmental impacts and design and implement educational content to be used in communities to build a better future.
ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION RESOURCE CENTRE
Since August 2019, thanks to the contributions of the members of the board of directors, Misión Gaia has the Alternative Education Resource Centre - CREA - in which educational activities and projects of Misión Gaia are developed. CREA is a centre for the implementation of alternative and experiential methodologies that allow promoting local learning and cultural exchange in a natural setting.
- Empower and develop personal and social skills from an early age to train citizens to be aware of the environmental challenges the territory faces
- Provide practical integral educational tools to the different stakeholders with active education methodologies on the pillars of sustainability in a permanent program during the year
- Support our beneficiaries in the development of their personal and professional capacities
- Offered 6 courses to more than 80 people; covering topics like permaculture, ecological agriculture, bio-construction and conservation habits.
- Hosted more than 70 volunteers - their work includes demonstration sessions, cooperative planning and school workshops.
- Provided support to rural schools in Montecristo, Bellavista, Vista de Nieves, Taganga and La Tagua.
- Designed and implemented workshops using art and sports as educational tools.
- Developed workshops for more than 320 kids to create environmental awareness and entrepreneurship
- We are launching an experiential education center for young children and adults for the development of socio-cultural and environmental skills.
- Launch of the CREA centre