WHAT WE DO
Our environmental education program works in three ways: (i) we provide our community with strategies to reduce environmental impacts, (ii) we help strengthen the existing educational programs in some of our rural schools and (iii) we design and implement educational content to be used within the schools and community to build a better future.
- Empower and develop personal and social skills from an early age to train citizens to be aware of the environmental challenges the territory is facing
- Provide practical tools of comprehensive education to the different actors in educational sectors
WHY IS THIS PROJECT IMPORTANT?
- Education is the key to implementing long-term changes in terms of environmental awareness
- Lifelong learning is an important aspect of education that can help in passing on sustainable behaviors from one generation to another
Since 2011, we have:
- Offered 6 courses to more than 80 people; covering topics like permaculture, waste management, ecological agriculture, bio-construction, wildlife and habitat conservation, animal welfare and strengthening local productive activities
- Hosted more than 70 volunteers - their work includes demonstration sessions, cooperative planning, team teaching, reflexive sessions and school workshops
- Provided support to rural schools in Montecristo, Bellavista, Vista de Nieves and La Tagua
- Designed and implemented workshops using art and sports as educational tools
- Developed workshops for more than 200 kids to create environmental awareness and entrepreneurship