WHAT WE DO
Our environmental education program works in three ways: (i) we provide our community with strategies to reduce environmental impacts, (ii) we help strengthen the existing educational programs in some of our rural schools and (iii) we design and implement educational content to be used within the schools and community to build a better future.
- Empower and develop personal and social skills from an early age to train citizens to be aware of the environmental challenges the territory faces
- Provide practical tools of comprehensive education to the different actors in the educational sector
WHY IS THIS PROJECT IMPORTANT?
- Education is the key to implementing long-term changes in environmental awareness
- Lifelong learning is an important aspect of education that can help pass on sustainable behaviors from one generation to another
Between 2011 and 2018, we have:
- Offered 6 courses to more than 80 people; covering topics like permaculture, ecological agriculture, bio-construction and conservation habits.
- Hosted more than 70 volunteers - their work includes demonstration sessions, cooperative planning and school workshops.
- Provided support to rural schools in Montecristo, Bellavista, Vista de Nieves, Taganga and La Tagua.
- Designed and implemented workshops using art and sports as educational tools.
- Developed workshops for more than 320 kids to create environmental awareness and entrepreneurship